Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

~~ Twenty for Twenty ~~

Yep, that’s what I am planning to call it.
If you haven’t guessed, I plan to aim for twenty goals for the year 2020 (and hence the name of the post). Yes, I am brave that way, even after failing miserably in few of my goals this year, I still want to go ahead and set up some goals for the year that’s to come. I do want to address the things that I couldn’t achieve this year. 20 is a huge number, yes, but the plan is to keep the goals as simple as possible. As I mentioned in my learnings of this year, I am also not going to be rigid about it, and if there’s a goal I am not enjoying enough, I am going to strike it off my list as I move forward.
I wanted to make sure I put it in writing here in this space, so that I am accountable to provide a regular status update.  I am going to be mindful to ensure that the goals are simple enough, doable without much fussing about required and doesn’t in itself add pressure or chaos to my already-busy-life. One of these past years –  I was too optimistic and had set myself up for a goal of reading 40 books a year and though I did complete it, towards the end, it turned out to be a chore due to other pressing responsibilities in life. I realized that year that I need to enjoy a goal I set, rather than doing it for the sake of doing it. And though I set manageable goals last year – it was still a miss on the most.  
I am doing something different for the coming year – I am segregating my goals into different categories – Health goals, Career goals, Personal goals, Vacation & Travel goals, Writing and Reading goals. I am also planning to ensure that I update here once a month on where I stand on these goals. It will help me reflect, be flexible and strike off/add goals as necessary.
How about you? Have you planned anything yet? Do you want to join me and list out your own Twenty for Twenty? If yes, then good time to start thinking about it and when you have clear set of goals, go ahead and post it on your own blog 🙂 Needless to mention, I’ll be happy if you let me know about it and I’ll be the happiest if you tag this post, so I know there’s one more soul like me who never gives up on setting up goals 😛
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

3 comments:

  1. Nice post! I am curious to see what would be your 20 goals and wish you all the best for following them. 
    I usually set some personal goals for myself as well. 

    This posts brings forth the best spirit of welcoming coming time with optimism. Sometimes however, it feels privileged to be able to imagine about and to plan a better future as not everyone around us are that fortunate. Many people face unnecessary hardships in life just because they belong to a different religion, caste, race or social background. Let's hope coming time brings peace and hope to their lives too. Let's hope we do our small part to support that dream of peaceful future. 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And finally, the much awaited comment! Thank you very much for trying everything to leave a comment :) I will be writing about my goals towards the end of the year.. And yes, we must feel privileged when you put it like that :) Lets hope and pray that we all do have a peaceful future :)

      Delete

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)