Search This Blog

Sunday, December 01, 2019

~~ And am back !! ~~

I know. I know, how lonnnngg, actually, quite painfully long it has been since I wrote something here in this space.  I won't lie, and no, I am not trying to justify my absence - and even if it sounds like a standard excuse, the year has just been super busy, both on the personal and professional front.  

There's only a few weeks left of 2019 -  And, I just cannot believe it. 2019 - just zoomed by, isn't it? Seriously, how can a year whiz by, just like that.  Believe me, the year for me has been just a busy-blur! 

Now, in the past, there have been times, where for weeks or months together, I'd not write, but even during those times, I always used to come back once in a while just to check my space, just to read few old posts and comments, just to try some new theme or some such sorts. Every post I read during those visits, would bring a smile on my face - wondering what made me document such silly moments of my life. The best part of that re-visit would be reading all those comments and wondering why these amazing people had to move on, leave the organization and leave us with a comment-void, you know. But, this year, has been different. I didn't even check my blog space for months together. Yep, that busy.

When the year began, I had major plans. Especially for my blog. Its my 10th year in my current organization and thus also marks my 10th year of blogging! I wanted to do something special - just like Akhila did when she hit the 10 year mark. You should read her 10 year series, it is just awe-inspiring. I was all geared up for giving out blog prompts every week (I did stick to it for a few months and there were some amazing posts out of it and new bloggers that I got to know).  I wanted to reach the ever-elusive 200 blogpost mark. Oh, there was just too much I was hoping for. But all I could manage was a hiatus of sorts :P 
Not proud of it, but the only solace is, I know, I did not do it intentionally - I just did not have the time. 

In this 10 years of blogging, some of you have been with me from the very beginning, some of you have been to this space only recently.  But the support and love that I have received is immense all through the years. 

Few of you have seen me grow in this space, have been kind to whatever I have offered here as blogposts, been supportive through those 2 hectic blogathons, appreciated those basic zentangles, enjoyed those mommy memoirs, been patient with the meme queen, laughed with me at my silly facepalm posts, basically just been there for me. 

Some of you have also become life long friends - friends I keep in touch with outside of the blogging world, the ones who have the kind of maturity to not judge me for whatever silly or orthodox opinions I put forth sometimes :P :)   The major highlight of this year has been meeting a few of these super mature people (an item off my to-do list) - and unlike I feared that I'd just go silent in their actual presence, I did not and well, it helped that they were no different in person.. I am yet to meet a few and I am sure that it will happen in due course. 

I had a couple of bloggers/readers ping me in the past few weeks - asking why I was not writing anymore. One mentioned that she had bookmarked my posts and she read them whenever she needed a stress buster, and that just made my day, gave me the much needed boost. 

I don't know about others, but this space, right here, is a huge positive network that I look up to.  A space that has seen me grow, has seen me make lemonade when life sent lemons my way and helped me make that lemonade by just being there, listening to my rants patiently. And though the year has been crazy - I have made up my mind to set aside some time to write more for the few days that are left in this year. 
  
I have too many things to write about, too much stuff to vent out - so, let's see how I go :)

A beautiful comment from you is all that's needed to keep going :)

3 comments:

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)