Search This Blog

Monday, December 23, 2019

~~ Five foods ~~

Ah! The post about food.
But, wait, no, its so unfair,  am supposed to list only five - now, that's going to be very very difficult!!
I thought for quite a few hours about my favorites - but I figured, I just can't list top 5 foods. So finally, here I am, with five favorite cuisines - now, that's better, isn't it :P :P :P 
1. South Indian - Of course! I love everything about South Indian food - the aromatic spicy spices, the ghee laden curries, the fried bajjis and pakoras, filter coffee, the crunchy vadams and pappadums, the typical home made comfort food of idlis, dosas, vadas, sambhar and rasams, bisibelebath, vangi baath, tomato baath, puliogarai, those occasion and location specific snacks and sweets and last but not the least, the pickles - Oh, I can go on and on. 
2. North Indian - The paneer curries, the samosas, the finger-licking-yummy chaats and the plethora of sweets, the aloo parathas with the pickle/curd combo - oh - what's not to like!  
3. Konkani cuisine - Now, this is my favorite comfort food. If you need to make me happy - just offer me a plate of ghee & coconut laden Konkani comfort food and I'd be super happy woman. Nothing beats this. A funny aspect of this is that I have noticed that you need to be a born Konkani to share this love for Konkani cuisine - no offense, no one loves Konkani cuisine as natives do :P  
4. Italian - Pizza's and Pasta's :P  Awwww....... my favorites are Indianized Pizza's (the ones with the Paneer masala etc) and White Sauce Pasta's ... I also love their mushroom dishes, especially the Funghi Trifolati -  easy to prepare and just yummy... am droooling already... The funniest thing is that the bestest Pizza's and Pasta's I have had so far was in India and US -  not Italy :P 
5. Mexican -  Its very difficult when you are a vegetarian and you step outside India. There are times when I have survived only on chips, French fries and Hashbrowns. The only thing that came very close to the feeling of having Indian food was having Mexican food - In US, Chipotle was like home away from home.  Their Mexican Burrittos and Quesadillas though quite different, atleast felt close to Chapathi and Rice from home :P 
There you go - my five favorites - how about yours? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)