Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 25, 2019

20 for 20 - Reading and Writing goals

Twenty for Twenty - Reading/Writing goals: 

Blog at least once a month (0/12):
Now, this depends on you :) The more you leave comments, the more I feel encouraged to write.

One Blogathon per year (0/1):
Blogathon as such is hard. One who takes it up, knows the effort that goes into it. Writing every day takes a lot of determination and of course, effort.  Irrespective of other commitments and responsibilities in life, you need to resolve to write daily during a blogathon. Since this is something I want to do each day of my life - a blogathon helps me with the discipline aspect of it. I don’t plan the content beforehand. Sometimes I don’t even proof read. So when I do a blogathon, the content I post is straight from the heart, those raw emotions, those pent up thoughts, the real me -  it is such an interesting experience when these emotions get flushed out every day. And to top it all, the pure joy that every single comment on each post of blogathon brings is something I look forward to – Now, who doesn’t want to experience a month of smiles, right?

Finish the draft of novel:
For those of you don’t know – I have already self-published a set of short stories. I have been meaning to publish a proper novel from so long. Have written mere ~5000 words. I need to commit to finish at least the draft of this one in 2020. If I haven't completed the draft by start of November 2020, I will need to attempt nanowrimo.

Reading challenge(0/20):
Goal would be to read 20 books this year. I’d want to finally pick the ignored books that beckon me from my bookshelf. I also ought to charge and sync my Kindle regularly, and of course read a few short stories there.

Sync the external blog space with all the posts:
From a few years now, I have made it a point to post there first before I even post here. That way I don't have to worry about syncing later on. Syncing is hard. I am yet to sync a few very old posts and ensure I add all the relevant blog links in my newer posts to link these old posts. I plan to dedicate some time for this work, this year. I also want to jazz up my external blog space a bit - so yeah, that too.
.........................0..............................0...........................0.............................0...........................0.....................

So these are my resolutions in reading/writing category! How about you?
............................................

And before I forget, a very merry Christmas to you all :-) Hope big ol' Santa delivered all your gifts :-)

2 comments:

  1. You have a Novel in pipeline!!! We didnt know that :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ of course you did!!

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)