Search This Blog

Saturday, December 07, 2019

~~ 2019: Review!! ~~


Having had an eventful year - Here's a few lessons I learnt along the way... 


The TO-DO lists can wait:  Don't you at times have this overwhelming feeling that there are like million tabs open beckoning you to close them - and you are just scrambling about trying to close as many tabs as you can. It is at these times, that you just need to take the much needed break. You consciously have to stop thinking about all that needing attention and do what helps you to un-wind. Sleep, read, watch movies, listen to music, travel, exercise, do yoga, meditate or just do nothing - I have learnt that the to-do's can wait for a day. 

Not everyone is going to like me and not everyone is worth my time: To be honest, I always knew this, But it's something I have come to realize strongly this year. You always meet some people in life who form an opinion about you even before they have had a chance to know you - and then, when they do, however kind you are to them, however nice you are with them, they will hurt you or be nasty, they do, and most of the times without reason. I have learnt that those few are not worth my time especially when there are those million tabs to be taken care of. I have learnt to gift them with my silence than my time.   

Walking helps lose weight: I never took walking seriously. But I got my much needed validation when I was in Australia earlier this year for a couple of months. My accommodation was about 2 km from the office and I had to walk to and fro. Such a welcome change from the 4 hour travel back here in India. Not that there were no other means of transport, there was, but then, I didn't resort to it and took to walking - a total of about 4 km every week day. I did not diet a bit. I tried every damn ice cream flavor, deserts, veg food that fascinated me and yet I lost quite a few inches, thanks to all the walking. I did continue when I came back, but then I couldn't stick to it - the 4 hour travel just drains every bit of energy. However, I intend to be more serious about this starting now. I want to inculcate it into my daily life as a routine from now on and I intend to stick to it. 

..........................................................................................................................

Oh, I do have a few more - to be continued tomorrow......


3 comments:

  1. Hmm...let me try and take walking seriously:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I walk close to 6000 steps a day. It's small but has started to make significance different. Why do I walk? I have to drop my son to school :)

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)