Search This Blog

Saturday, May 07, 2016

~~ Mommy Memoirs # 5 ~~


It’s been long since I posted something on Mommy Memoirs… It’s just that, so many things happen around my little girl all the time that if I don’t write it down immediately, it’s quite a jumbled mess to be jotted down later, and well, which is why I started this series in the first place…hmmm…never mind… 

So, this happened yesterday, without any warning (like always) and I didn’t want it to get lost in other million memories that she makes me squeeze into my tiny little head, every single day! So it began innocently like this…..

She: Ammma, does Sun have a son?

Me: Yes, Karna… But you know that already, right Babbba?

She: No Ammma… Not Karna, I meant, does Sun have a Sun too? Like this?

Saying so, she drew three circles, illustrating that the first circle was Earth, the next circle “our” Sun and the third one, Sun’s Sun…

Me (shocked, but recovering): Ohhhhhhh Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun? Hmm… I don’t think so, why?

I then quickly sent this question to a cool Whatsapp group hoping a well-read person in that group will know the answer for these kind of questions along with a quick silent prayer for my network to help in the delivery of message.. She pointed to the TV where the freaky ad (yes, it is freaky) was running in which a blazing Sun was sipping all the water (per her) from random kids head and looked at me back with a question mark on her face… I stared blankly at the TV screen and turned back to her thinking she wanted me to buy her the product or whatever the advertisement was advertising all about…. I was about to say, Noooooooooo babbbbbba, when she asked me again, the same question, does sun have a sun too…? And then the bulb above my head which was till then flickering, glowed in realization!  

I had told her long back that summer & sun's heat makes us thirsty and blah blah blah…. So when she saw this ad, with even Sun being thirsty, she wanted to know if Sun also had a Sun! Phew!! Apparently, my “I don’t think so” was not a valid answer for her… I realized that she was not going to let this go and so I checked if the well-read person had replied and explained her a bit about milky way, stars, galaxy, shooting stars, light years, speed of light, how moon & stars are much bigger than they seem to be and how the distance makes them look so small…. at which point she shot her next question….

She: Ammmmmmma… what is the size and shape of Intestines and Kidneys and how far are they from my mouth?

Me (shocked):   Hmmmm… why…..?

She: You keep telling me no, that if I don’t drink enough water, Kidneys and Intestines will cry… I think it is not because I don’t drink, maybe it is because I drink slowly…maybe I should drink water fast so it reaches there fast? Like how light travels so fast?

Me (bulb-glows):  Hmm…. but your kidneys and intestines are not far away like moon and stars….

I patted her tummy to indicate that they were close by and explained her that it didn’t matter whichever speed she drank, all it mattered for them was that she was caring for them by drinking water regularly...  She was still staring at me in anticipation for more explanation and when I hesitated,  she jumped to her next set of questions –

She: So a Doctor can see real Kidneys and Intestines?

Me: Yes, Do you want to become one?

She: Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Me: Then, what would you like to become, when you grow up?

She: I would like to become like “You”  :)

Before I could go “Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww” and revel in the proudest moment of my life – she asked me her next question

She: Amma, but, what are “You”?

Me(shocked but all smiles) :  Hmmm, well, am an engineer….

She: What is Aanu? (Her dad)

Me: Hmmm, an engineer….

She: What is Maamu? (her uncle/my brother)

Me: Hmmm, an engineer….

Figuring that she was probably expecting different answers, I tried to explain to her that there are different kinds of engineers….

She: Hmmm… what Engineer is Maamu?

Me: Computer Engineer…..

She: Ohhhhh…So you are? Laptop Engineer?

Me (Shocked-Smiles, Shocked-Smiles)

Yes, that’s what my little girl thinks now – even after I explained in length that I am not one! 

Go on, laugh away!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S: Originally written on 4th May 2016
P.P.S: Originally Mommy Memoirs # 10. Yet to sync other posts in sequence.
 

2 comments:

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)