Search This Blog

Friday, December 20, 2019

~~ Numb ~~


Yesterday was a nightmare. I stay about 60kms away from office, so it was a bit scary when I got to know that buses were not plying and that curfew was imposed. I do have relatives near my workplace, so there was an alternate, of course, but then, home is home, right? More importantly, at these times.  On the way back home, I saw kids as young as maybe 7 or 8 years old, marching in the protest - I couldn't believe my eyes. I just went numb.  I vented it out in a group where I can vent out without hopefully getting branded as pro or anti any political party and hopefully not offending anyone. I was exhausted after all the vent as it went on and on about how few things were right and some things were not and all that related blah - I didn't want to write more here yesterday. What's happening is quite numbing and to me, a bit confusing too.

Things have been pretty okay at my place today - office was closed for safety reasons, but a few of us who could, connected from home.  

The whole day - only two lines were running in loop in my mind - 
"I've become so numb, I can't feel you there, Become so tired, so much more aware" 

In these trying times, I hope and pray for peace. Lets all do. 


Trivia that's not required, but I thought I will give out anyways: The above mentioned lines are from a song - not related to any context of whatever is happening currently - the actual complete song deals with some other emotion altogether - but these two lines just kept coming back to me today. Listen to it if you haven't yet (Numb by Linkin park - one of my utmost favorites). The first time you hear it, you may not like it. I didn't, honestly. And then, you hear it a few times (why? Because your brother forces you to) and then it slowly grows on you and ends up being your utmost favorite song. And then you hear some more songs from the band (again, because your brother thinks all that screaming is so meaningful :P) and after a few forced listening sessions, it ends up becoming your favorite band and you end up liking all that meaningful screaming too! Yep, happens. Now that I think about all this screaming even more with a context - the song "In the end" by the band replaces the "Numb" song running-in-loop-since-so-many-hours and "In the end" is now stuck in an infinite loop!  Sigh :(

This is what is running in my mind now - "In the end, It doesn't even matter"  So true, isn't it? 

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)