Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 18, 2019

~~ Let Go ~~

Thank you all for your kind wishes yesterday.
Every time, I remember, I have hit the goal of 200 posts this year – I grin ear to ear  πŸ™‚
I hope I do justice to all the love I receive and write more in the coming year πŸ™‚
So, today I had to do a hard thing. I had to let go. Let go of a companion who was with me most part of this year.  A companion who gave me so many laughs, a few tears, a few smiles and a few learnings too. A companion who I so wanted to hold on to – despite my realization about the compromise it needed of the personal space that I usually dedicate for a dear old loyal friend. I had to choose. This was new and exciting –  but the other companion had been dear too. I so wanted to hold on to this new friend and did not want to let go of the old friend too. I figured that I should find ways to be able to split time between both. But then, deep inside, I knew, I had tried to do so this year, and had ended up ignoring the old dear loyal friend.  Sometimes letting go proves more tough than holding on. And in any case, I am very bad at letting go of anything. But I had to do it. Cut ties. Cut the cord.  I read this somewhere that anything that we cannot control teaches us actually to go the path of letting go. And it’s probably true.  After about a month long thought provoking thinking and quiet deliberation, I finally took the big step today.
I finally cancelled my Amazon prime subscription which was my constant companion(prime video) this year during travel to and from office (taking over that time I usually spend with my dear old loyal friend: books). It was hard to click the unsubscribe button which screamed to give it one more chance, give it another year. Every teeny tiny cell in me tried to persuade me to try reading on my way to office and watch series/movies/stand-ups on the way back. Find a way to manage both. But I knew, I would end up staring at the mobile screen to and fro – like I did this year. So with a very heavy heart, I cancelled my subscription just a few moments ago.
I’ll miss you, Dear Amazon Prime.. I’ll πŸ˜₯  Promise πŸ™

As a prompt – let me know of anything very very dear that you had to let go of or if you do not want to reveal anything personal – weave a story around  a character who finds it difficult to let go(of maybe a relationship or a habit or even a thing), but eventually does.
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)