Search This Blog

Monday, December 09, 2019

~~ Few different things ~~

Having used the past few days to vent and share my learnings for the year - I thought I'd also share a few things which have been different this year!

Travel: You might already know that I have a travel bucket list. My husband is not a bucket-list person. Weekend or holidays for him = stay at home and avoid traffic (I can understand this considering current traffic conditions and pollution) and for the most part its the same for me. But sometimes, I do want to strike a few things off my travel bucket list. This year, on this front has been rewarding.  Australia (must-see's), Belur (Architecture), Chennai (pure nostalgia), Mahabalipuram (Architecture), Pondicherry (Relaxation) are now to be struck off my list. Also, it was our first road trip ever - my husband is quite new to driving long distances, so it was a bit scary, quite tiring,  yet exhilarating.  We are planning for another road trip in the last week of December. Looking forward to it already. I am a fan of family traditions. Hopefully, this will stick as a yearly family tradition. Only time will tell :)

Learning: I have always wanted to get out of my current comfort zone and learn something entirely new and different. I tried that this year - and I am glad I did. Our organization's learning studio has such great learning content and I am hooked. I loved the idea of learning goals that was introduced this year. I had added more goals than were expected of me - I got an invite to a meeting where our internal L&D department were going to advise us few who had added insane goals, to keep learning, but remove the extra goals so as to not risk the 100% completion :P :P :P  I couldn't attend it as I had a conflict, and the L&D POC made sure to reach out to me, 1-1, to ensure I know, that, I was already at 100% and these additional fancy stuff I had added out of interest were pulling me down from 100% completion. It was a funny conversation where I kept insisting, that I want to learn and he kept saying, you can still learn in January :P
 

Dance classes: Losing weight is always one of my top 3 goals. This year, after coming back from Australia, the urge to be active was prominent.  Since I was not able to commit to daily walks, I enrolled myself in a nearby dance class for a day per week. I went for a couple of classes, loved it, but then the teacher fell ill, and then her children fell ill and finally her daughter got hospitalized :( She had to stop the classes for a few months. The family has recovered now and the teacher has resumed her classes this month. My first class again after this break is this weekend. Hope to continue the classes in coming year along with walking. 

Did you do anything different this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)