Search This Blog

Sunday, December 08, 2019

~~ 2019: Review - Part II ~~

Continuing from where I left off yesterday on life lessons this year .. 



Being kind is more important than being right: Life's been a tremendous learning platform so far.  Nothing in life has been easy. It has been a struggle. And I know, its not easy for anyone. Everyone has their own battle that they are fighting, most of the times, smiling. But at times, people cannot take it anymore and suddenly pick you to vent it out. I have learnt that at those times, just being there, listening, being empathetic is enough. Offering advice, even if its right, might not be required. Showing genuine kindness is just enough.


Set goals, but, be flexible: I set multiple personal goals this year. For a while, I felt I was not being true to my goals, because I was not able to stick to a few of them for various reasons. I just did not have the time, I felt guilty, I was upset. Finally, I consciously stopped being rigid about it. There's no point fretting about it. All I can do is just pick up the next goal when I can and move forward. Its not the end of the world. 


Let it go: I have still not mastered this one. I can't let go of a feeling very easily, particularly the ones that hurt me. I know I have to. I know I need to. But I am not the "Forget and Forgive" kind. Its just not my nature.  This year, I have consciously tried to let go, when anyone or any situation has been hurtful. I have tried to let go of nasty mean comments that people feel entitled to say or show -  even if they have never walked beside you or offered support or have been just there even to witness any struggles you have had. Believe me, I have tried to forget and forgive. Am not there yet, but I am trying.



......................................................................

More in days to come.....


2 comments:

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)