Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 24, 2019

20 for 20 - Career goals

Twenty for Twenty- Career Goals


Work life balance:
My morning is chaos. The first proper breathing minute I get for myself is when I board the bus to office around 7:45am. The first thing I do after I buy a ticket is check my mails/chats (Its already noon in Australia, so there's already lot out there waiting for us to come online). This helps me prepare mentally for the day ahead. Yep, not good. I was worse earlier, I used to check emails/chats as soon as I’d wake up. I have now somehow managed to restrain myself until I board the bus. At times, I just start responding immediately and then, there's no stopping after that. Same cycle repeats when I start home in the evening as well and this time with my teams here. I am not proud of this. I want to be able to let things be and deal work stuff only in working hours. I am in awe of people who know how to draw this line. I also appreciate people who do not have this urge to check and respond to emails or chats on a holiday - you are on a holiday after all. I currently don’t draw a line. I want to do that. A small step at a time to practice the much needed detachment and balance.

Get certified:
I started learning something new this year. I hope to get certified in that area of expertise in 2020. Wish me luck  :)

Appreciate often:
Refer my last point of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)