Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 07, 2018

~~ [Post 7] – Of this and that ~~

Its just going to be random rambling today.
~~ So, later in the day, when I read this post that I had published yesterday, I kept wondering if it was too strong a post and if I was clear about what I wanted to actually convey. Now, even though we do not want all the questioning and the comparing, there are times, when we are thankful to people who do reach out to us at those times when we desperately need a listening ear or a lending hand. There are also times, when we have to decide and also need to go beyond our boundaries and reach out to people and inquire when we feel something is amiss. Sometimes these conversations that we have with anyone, need not be even a family member or a friend, guides our thought processes in a direction which we ourselves wouldn’t have explored. I somehow felt, my post did not hint at that possibility and was oriented more towards “Leave me alone” 😛 . Well, that’s not exactly what I meant. So, I reached out to a few set of friends after I felt so, who would give me an unbiased opinion, but only one of them read it and since he knows where I come from, he found the views in my post were okay. I did not want to drag the post any longer, so I did not go back to edit it. So, today, when I checked the huge comment by one other blogger  (I post these in my company's internal blog space too) in the post, I was quite happy as it clearly explored the very same nagging feeling that I had after I read the post the second time. I responded to his comment, but I felt it did deem another post. Hence this. 
Now, to be clear, its not about being silent about everything, its not about being offended with every one who reaches out to you in good intent, its not about you not reaching out to help someone who is in need. If you see anyone needing help, be it anyone, you definitely need to reach out. If you need help, you definitely need to open up to any person who you feel comfortable with, and you should be open to questions that might seem uncomfortable to you, because it is what exactly what might help you take a decision or atleast think in a different direction or look at the situation in a different light.
But, in the very process, we also need to make sure our intentions are right and we must remember that any sort of comparisons do not help. We need to weigh our words carefully because the person we are conversing with might have taken a decision due to various reasons. We need to pay attention to the direction our conversation is leading and make sure we are not making the other person unnecessarily uncomfortable. By all means, reach out, ask all you want, reveal all you want, but very importantly know when to stop, know when to back off, know when to be silent, know when to let the person have their space. And whatever is the reason, again, lets not compare. Its difficult, as it is, for new moms and if we practice a little such restraints ourselves, we can take that tiny step towards building a guilt free generation of happy moms 🙂
~~ Speaking of tiny steps, I absolutely loved a post written by another awesome blogger yesterday. It talks about how often we complain that we do not have time for anything else and about how our life has turned into this boring schedule of doing the same things every single day. I am no different. I often feel that I need more time in a day to do everything I want. But, I also know that, if we actually seriously think about it, we have all the ability to turn the situation around ourselves. All we need to have is the passion and focus to do it, a small step at a time. Her post talked about the tiny habits, initiated by one of the very senior members of our organization, and how she had experimented successfully. It is so true that small goals take you much further than setting up huge goals and then not doing anything about it. I started a tiny goal of keeping myself away from social networking sites most part of my to and fro travel to office. My travel time in bus which was that me-time that I used to read books had slowly diverted to continuous staring at the mobile screen. I wanted to use that time to read. It was difficult initially, but I did it slowly by cutting down on the time I held on to the phone in the bus. Like a timely intervention, we were enforced with no-smartphone-inside-our-bay policy and it worked out great for me as I started leaving my smart phone at home. Now that I did not have a smartphone with me during the 3 hour to-fro travel, I had ample time to dedicate to reading and I am very glad about incorporating the change. I took a challenge of 30 books last year that I could complete and it gave me the confidence to aim for 40 this year.  I have noticed now that even if I am travelling somewhere else with a smartphone with me, I do not check it regularly like I used to before.
Am going to start a few more tiny goals for my ever-on-the-agenda weight loss journey, writer’s block lined writing dreams and reducing my to-read list. Lets see how it goes from here.
~~ Speaking of reading,  and this is especially to all of you,  who silently read the post and leave - a very big Thank You for reading 🙂  it means a lot.  But what would make me more happier is if you leave a comment on your views on the post 🙂 Take that tiny step now and make me happy – Leave a comment, okay?

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)