Search This Blog

Monday, February 19, 2018

~~ [Post 19] - A Happy Me Today ~~

As I hit the publish button yesterday night on my recent post in my organisation blogspace, I saw a number getting updated to 150. Yes, the blog post count.  I was stunned to realize that I had not kept track, yet again.  These milestones that I had religiously kept track of in my initial years of blogging, the achievements of reaching 25th, 50th and 75th posts somehow eluded me during the 100th, 125th (I never knew when this milestone went past, I literally had to go through my posts today to locate my 125th) and 150th posts. I am really not sure why.

I took a moment to actually let the feeling sink in. If I had kept proper track, this definitely would have been the post that I would have tagged to RaRa’s weekly prompt with today's deadline -Euphoria!  Yep, reaching this milestone is no less than an euphoric feeling alright! I still cannot believe that I have completed a journey of 150 posts here where the blogosphere was revamped 3 times in my tenure of blogging.  I am immensely happy and proud that I have reached a target which was just a distant dream that I never even dared to think would see reality. There was a time when even the 50th or 75th post seemed like a long way to go, a difficult milestone to achieve. I have spent hours thinking of a topic to blog about every time I have hit a writer’s block which I must say is quite often and even with that, I have managed a count of 150, and that’s just worth a pat on the back :) It took me close to 9 years to achieve this feat. Soooooooooo long and it feels like I started just a few months ago. It also made me realize that I would be soon completing a decade in this organization. Whoa, wait, now that just made me sound so very old and somehow so very sad :P, so lets just move on about the 150th post and not dwell on this fact at all :P


When I look back at all these old milestone posts, I see that the way I write has changed, the topics 
that I write about have changed, the themes that I stick to have changed, the childishness in my earlier posts have vanished, well, only to an extent I suppose, so have the number of smileys drastically reduced. I also see a drastic decrease in the number of comments compared to those initial years of blogging. A lot of people who I used to follow in the early years of blogging and who used to follow me in this space in those initial few years have either left the organization or do not regularly blog anymore. I really miss those days as comments just used to trickle in non-stop and there was never a dull moment for a few days after you hit the “publish” button. I have posts with 95 comments from those days - can you believe that? !!  I am sure the old-timers who were here during those days share my feelings here. I blame it on the revamped site and the lack of themes, but I know, it is just an act to console myself.  Those days were just somehow different.  Blogging as such was on its prime, then! There was a different set of readers who left regular comments then and there are a different set of regular readers commenting now, and I must say, these are the only people who were and are the constant fuel for this comment-hungry woman to continue blogging here. THANK YOU LOADS good people. Without your constant support, this number would not have been possible at all.


I went through a few of my initial posts today and I just cannot believe I wrote a few of those. I mean, I do know, I wrote every single one of them, but, I was more startled by a revelation that I am not that same happy innocent girl who once wrote all this smiley laden straight from the heart, naive posts.  A lot of experiences over the years seems to have molded me to what I am now and I do see the gradual change in me/my personality very clearly in my posts.  This is exactly why I love to write. When you look back at what you have chronicled of your life over years, it re-introduces yourself to a new you. You go back and you know, you were a different person altogether, because of different priorities, different stage of life then. I tried to identify that sweet innocent girl who blogged without a care of what future held for her. I had a smile throughout the read. These old posts definitely helped me relive a few of the events and muse at how life is the greatest teacher of all.


Oh, enough of the philosophical rambling, phew.  Now that I having achieved this target, I am more geared up to set a serious blogging goal of reaching 200 posts at least around the time of completion of my 10 years of blogging. What say you? Oh, beware before you say anything, because you have a very important role to play in this journey too. Like you have kindly done for so long, you have to keep commenting – as that’s the only thing that keeps this still-hungry-for-comments-me going forward and achieving what is just a dream-goal for now.

Again, thanks a bunch - each and every one of you who visit this space and read whatever that is I want to say, even if most of the times, it’s just incoherent jumbled mess from my life :)  It is you who made this possible and I hope you continue to!!

Few stats to show off :P
Number of posts :- 150 (as of previous post)
Number of comments:- 3886
Number of unique followers:- 259
.................................................................................................................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)