Search This Blog

Thursday, February 01, 2018

~~ Day 1: An Impulse ~~

So, I have a fun announcement to make and if you heaved a sigh of relief hoping that this is some kind of an impulse good bye post, no, not that kind of fun, not yet at least.
So, this morning, as I was having my breakfast at 6:30am (Yes, you read that right, I need to have it at that time to be able to be on time to board the bus to office which arrives at my place around 7:30am and if you ask me why I cannot have breakfast, say may be after 7 am, duh, I am a working mommy, remember, I need energy to wake my kid up and get her ready to school by 7:20am) and talking to mom about how tasty the tomato rice was , out of nowhere, an impulse so strong took over and I made up mind to start a blogathon from today, just like that.  There was this immediate disapproval from a sensible me –  “Why Deepthi Why? Don’t you remember, you are suffering from a major writer’s block these days, and yet, you decide to do a blogathon, all of a sudden, that’s just not funny, have you thought about what you are going to write every single day?” and this another sensible part of me was ready with an apt answer “Remember the very famous (ahem) blogathon that she successfully managed to tread and complete way back in December 2015, she was not prepared even then and yet she wrote every single day, so yeah, let her try, may be it will help her come out of the writer’s block” and then, amidst this interesting  (?) exchange of thoughts within myself, I decided I’d just go for it.
To be frank, when I attempted the first blogathon and came out of it with flying colors (the various colors in the post I mean :P) I had every intention of continuing the marathon tradition on an yearly basis, but, just not in December, the holiday month. I don’t get to even sit with a book or my personal laptop/phone most of the times in this month,  so I had decided to choose a month where I would be able to do justice to the marathon and my other commitments too. But, then by the time, I got some time to even think of commencing the yearly tradition, it was already December 2016.  I did plan to do it in January 2017, but honestly, the year 2017 just whizzed by in the blink of an eye, that I didn’t even realize that I was in January 2018 by the time I even thought about taking a decision on the 2017 blogathon month 😛
Why not January 2018? Well, most of the me-time in this month was spent reading, aadhar linking and of course, wondering how other people were able to manage so many hobbies in so little time.
Anyways, here I am, finally taking that step, without letting the early morning impulsive thought slip by, more months and years pass by waiting for the right spark to start writing. Sometimes, you just have to grab those momentary impulses and set about doing what you want to. And, hey, after all, its one of the shortest months of the year!  So gear up for a post from me, every single day from today in this month, see, fun announcement, right? Wish me luck!! Loads please.
Like the last time, you are welcome to join in this journey of mine and write a post every day. No set topics or prompts. Aim is to just write, every single day. Do tag me in your post though, good manners you see 🙂
And like the last time, and this is very very important, please do leave your valuable comments – These comments definitely are an inspiration to sit and write the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)