Search This Blog

Saturday, February 03, 2018

~~ [Post 3] - Do You Want to Build a Snowman ~~

Have you experienced snowfall? Pure tiny flakes of snow magically falling in your backyard from nowhere (well, not exactly nowhere, but lets not be truly practical here) and developing into a milky white layer after layer after layer? I have. Having stayed in a place considered the coldest with the worst winters, I have seen my share of snow. But never had I wished to build a snowman until I saw Olaf. Yep, who else but the snowman from the very famous animation movie, Frozen. If there's one Disney fictional animation character that I am absolutely in love with, its Olaf.
 
Olaf is so funnily purely innocent that you cannot stop yourself from adoring him. He expresses all these varied childlike emotions even if he is just made up of snow, a carrot for a nose (which he cutely thinks is like a little baby unicorn :P ) and twigs for his arms! Believe me, you cannot not love him.
 
If you haven't watched the movie yet, well, that's still ok. But I do strongly urge you to watch at least the scenes which involve Olaf. He is built by the two protagonist sisters of the movie, Anna and Elsa, when they are quite young. I will not review the movie here, but there are a few liners/scenes involving Olaf in the movie which just melts my heart like no other every time I watch the movie and I want to dedicate a post to those moments which makes me go all teary eyed accompanied with broad smiles.
 
I have just mentioned a few of my favorites here - but there are many many more such in the movie. If you haven't watched the movie or the scenes yet (which I highly doubt), I hope this will make you go watch :)
 
"Hi, I am Olaf and I like warm hugs"  - Now I have always struggled with giving my own self introductions, but this, from Olaf, is one of the best introductions I have ever heard, dont you agree?!!
 
"Winter's a good time to stay in and cuddle..But put me in summer and I'll be a...... happy snowman"  - Ever heard of a snowman in love with summer, yep, Olaf. He is blissfully innocently unaware of the fact that he will not be able to exist if its summer!! And it doesn't stop there, he also sings a summer song which describes what he wishes to do when he finally gets to live in summer. I just go awwwwwwwwwwww every time I watch this summer song of Olaf... And I totally agree with Anna when she stops Sven (a male character who helps Anna  to find missing Elsa) from revealing to Olaf that a snowman cannot exist in summer. 
 
There's this scene where Sven takes Anna to meet the love experts who he considers his family, and all Anna and Olaf see initially is Sven conversing with a bunch of rocks. It is such a cute scene with Olaf insisting Anna to run and assuring he will distract Sven who is obviously crazy! You've to watch it to know what I mean :) I absolutely adore Olaf's concerned expressions as he converses in whispers with Anna in this scene.
 
And then there's this one, where he lights a fire to keep Anna warm and thus, discovers heat, and with his twig arms catching fire, immediately realizes, he cannot touch fire. When Anna warns him that he is melting as he is standing near the fire he has just lit, he goes "Some people are worth melting for" and then his faces starts to literally melt off its place, he pushes it back to place and adds "just maybe not right this second" - goose-bumps!This scene is one of the very best in the movie, where Anna realizes what true love means with the help of Olaf. It definitely deserves a million views. Every time this particular scene ends, I have always wondered, if its just true love's kiss that Anna wanted, why couldn't it have been Olaf's. Why wait for Hans, Sven or even Elsa?
 
Towards the end when Elsa overcomes her fear, when winter retreats and summer returns, Olaf is just so happy that he finally gets to see the summer he was so waiting for, but immediately starts melting and realizes that it is the last day of his life too. I instinctively went "Noooooooooooooooooooo" as I watched him melt away and when Elsa gifted him a personal permanent snow cloud which would save him from melting in summers, I smiled and jumped in joy along with Olaf!! It was just heartwarming to watch him enjoy summer that he so wanted to.
 
Ahh! I know the whole post sounds childish, like something a kid would write, I cannot help it though, sometimes you need to be like a child to enjoy life in its entirety :) I loved the movie, definitely, but I loved Olaf more than the movie :)
 
Now, I don't stay anymore at a place with long icy winters, but, I do want to build a snowman, an Olaf!

Maybe I will, someday :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)