Search This Blog

Saturday, February 24, 2018

~~ [Post 24] - I will be there for you ~~

So no one told you, life was gonna be this wayyyyyyyy
Your job's a joke, you're broke, Your love life's D.O.A

It's like you're always stuck in second gear
When it hasn't been your day, your week, your month
Or even your year, but
I'll be there for youuuuuuuuuuu
When the rain starts to pourrrrrr
I'll be there for youuuuuuuuu
Like I've been there beforeee
I'll be there for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
Cause you're there for me toooooooooooooooo

If you haven't guessed it by now! I'll be very very shocked and surprised. 

And if you have, I do not wonder, Yep, you guessed it right. This post will be on my favorite sitcom F.R.I.E.N.D.S.


That one show I keep going back to! I am sure most of us do. I started watching this show much later to when it actually aired. But, I don’t have regrets. I don’t think I would have enjoyed it anyways then. I have watched each episode, saw the depth of each character of the show, seen them grow, watched them age, watched them go through fun, love, pain, crisis and emerge out a winner. I have cried with the finale, felt empty and later watched every blooper out there, just to fill that void.

I watch it over and over again, and laugh and cry every single time like it’s the first time, and yet I am not bored of it, not yet. Every episode manages to "Wow" me every single time. As I was watching one such episode today, I decided, I’d write about a few of my favorites from the sitcom for my today’s post. 


It’s hard, believe me, to pick a few, it’s almost impossible, there is not a single episode which doesn’t make me, go “Awwwwwwwwwwwwww” or shed a tear or laugh out loud or just leave a lingering smile but, in this post, I am going to try hard and list 10 of my favorites, based on whichever episode or scene or quote pops up first as I type.  These are definitely not the only ones, and if I have to list them all, then this would be just a never ending post.

  • Unagi >> Salmon skin roll – Desperate Ross trying to prove his awesome awareness funda to Phoebe and Rachel and the whole thing backfiring on him! I laugh till I cry when I watch this.

  • I am, fine, totally fine … Margaritas and Fajitas…Ahhh Love, L O V E.. Love  – The episode with heartbroken Ross trying hard to get over Joey-Rachel being a couple. Awwwwwww, Ross is too cute in this.  I still can visualize the whole episode with Ross bringing in the fajitas without the oven mitts on, his “I am fine, totally fine” , his toast on “Ahhh, Love, L O V E, Love”, the oven timer pinging towards the end and he wondering what the hell that ping is for! You have to watch it to know what I mean.

  • The one with Chandler trying to propose and Monica’s eventual proposal. The whole thing. Just tear-jerking and Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

  • The one where everyone knows that the other one knows but none of them want to admit that they know what the other one knows. Just ROFL episode!! Phoebe’s “my eyes, my eyes”, Joey’s “Lalalalala” when Rachel tries to get the secret out of him, ah, laughter riot!!! I still can remember Ross jumping and joining in the group hug, when, Phoebe and Rachel scream and manage to get Ross away from the view of Monica’s apartment from his to-be apartment :P

  • “I, Ross, take thee, Rachel” – Awwwwwwwwwwwwww and tears galore….

  • Ross’s dinner with Elizabeth, her dad Paul and Rachel, where Rachel keeps pitching in with right information at the wrong times. Just. So. Funny.

  • Phoebe’s talk to her just born triplets – with tiny Hi’s. Just Aaaawwwwwwwwwww.

  • Joey’s inability to speak French and Phoebe’s final handling of the situation in the audition! Have to give it to Phoebe. Don’t you love the blah blee blee blue of Joey more than the actual French sentences that Phoebe tries to teach him :)

  • Phoebe’s wedding in the snow – Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww……

  • All those thanksgiving episodes, the one with the plates, the one with ”I hate Rachel” club,  the one with turkey on Monica’s head, the one with parents for Thanksgiving and Rachel’s cooking, the one where everyone gets locked out and the dinner is ruined..  Just love them all….

OMG, I did not even realize that I have already reached a count of 10 :shock: Of course, these are the first 10 that came to my mind as I kept typing but I still have many more to list, a sample below. 
  • Rachel’s rambling on and on for 18 pages- front and back
  • The games that the friends play and guys win the girl’s apartment eventually
  • End of era feeling when Rachel has to move out and the cat fight during the packing
  • The sequence of events where everyone figures out the owner of the red sweater and hence the actual dad of Emma
  • Vegas wedding of Rachel and Ross
  • The multiple times Ross tries to escape from an annulment
  • The very first episode when Rachel walks in to the cafĂ©
  • Rachel and Monica’s prom episode
  • Joey falling for Chandler’s girlfriend Kathy
  • Episodes with Rachel’s sisters
  • Episodes with Rachel’s dad and Ross
  • The birthday where Rachel’s dad and mom show up
  • Monica’s and Ross’s routine(dance)
  • Joey with Kathy
  • Joey’s sisters
  • Joey’s and Chandler’s friendship
  • Ross’s sandwich
  • Joey’s “How you doing?”
  • Joey’s “Days of our lives”
  • Joey’s stalker fan
  • Ross’s monkey
  • Ross’s “Leather pants” saga
  • Phoebe’s “Smelly cat, Smelly cat”
  • Monica’s “I know”
  • Chandler getting locked up in Joanna's office
  • Jealous Ross arriving at Rachel's office
  • Chandler’s “Could I be more, sarcastic?”
  • Rachel’s amazing hairstyle(she looks gorgeous in each and every episode) and so do Monica and Phoebe - See, I cannot pick one at all. I love Phoebe's hair accessories and Monica's kitchen and apartment! 
  • Ross’s “ We were on a break”
  • Ross’s “Pivot”
  • Ross’s “One Mississippi, two Mississippi”
  • Janice’s “Oh my God”
  • The finale episode
  • Carol, Susan (I love her responses to Ross’s jealous jabs at her), Julie, Mike, Gunther, Tag, Emily, Mark, Paul, Ursula, the Gellers, the Bings, Emma, Ben, Frank Jr, Alice, Richard,  oh, I can go on and on.


Whoa, no wonder, it ran for 10 seasons - 10 years!

Like the title song rightly goes “I’ll be there for you”, these characters definitely have managed to be there with us even if the show has wrapped up over a decade ago!

So what are your favorite episodes from F.R.I.E.N.D.S?

Do you have a favorite F.R.I.E.N.D.S character?

I know it’s tough to choose, but do try, I’d love to know.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)