Search This Blog

Thursday, February 15, 2018

~~[Post 15] - Do you cry? ~~

So when I wrote in my post 8 that I am going to reveal few of my not-so-good traits, I was not kidding. I am a honest person – no, duh, not this one, this is still a good trait, I believe, but I do have my own doubts about it these days. Anyways, coming to the not-so-good one, I am quite a cry baby when it comes to movies. Yes, you read that right. I cry during movies, a lot, I cannot control the tears that just well up, those lumps in my throat that forms without notice – involuntarily of course.
This doesn’t happen to me with books. Books move me, but they hardly can make me shed tears. I cannot remember a book that has made me cry, a lot have moved me, made me sad, made me cringe, made me happy and a lot of other such emotions. But not a single book has ever managed to make me cry. But its not so with the movies. If a movie doesn’t make me cry, I am quite overwhelmed about that very fact than the actual movie itself.
So, the post is also because, I watched the most hyped movie of the year, Padmaavat, recently, and I had expected that I will cry buckets, like I do usually, for any SLB movie that I have watched till date, wait, no, I did not cry for Saawariya – mostly because I did not quite understand the movie, except maybe that SLB’s favorite color could be blue, someone please explain this movie to me when you have some time, anyways, coming back to Padmaavat, I did not shed a single tear. Not.A.Single.One. I watched it in 3-D, so it did have all the effects possible that can involuntarily make me cry, and, still, I did not. I was baffled by my own inability to cry. It was sooooo not me. You’ll understand what I am trying to say by the time I complete this post.
I cry and have cried for almost every movie I have watched. Every movie has one or more emotional outlets, and however small that is, it manages to break that dam of ever-ready-to-flow-tears in me. I am listing a few (Bollywood movies) that have made me cry, cry a lot, that is, so you understand what I am trying to say here.
KKKG – Yep, the very first movie that tops the list is the Karan Johar’s tear jerker of a movie – Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gham – made my eyes flood every single scene. Mother runs to her house’s entrance, instinctively sensing her son’s arrival and opens the door at the right moment, I wept like a child. Believe me, she shed probably just one tear, I shed buckets. Father banishes adopted son from the house, tears. The brothers meet in the park, tears. The mother meets the son after long long years, tears. Its safe to say,  I just wept through the whole movie. I think the only scenes that I did not cry was when “Pooh” was around. But if I watch it now, I will probably cry for only those scenes, if you get what I mean. Anyways, to cut long story short, I haven’t shed so many tears for any other movie in my whole life. Yes, I know what you must be thinking. Let it go. Please.
Devdas – The scene where the mother dances after an unnecessary insult from Devdas’s mom, my handkerchief was drenched wet. Devdas’s dialogue of, “Babuji ne kaha paro ko chod do, Paro ne kaha sharab ko chod do..” yep, you are right, me in tears. The last scene just choked me, I was kick-the-damn-gate-open-choked. These scenes still manages to tear me up actually. This remains my favorite movie of all time. Dont ask me why. It just does.
KHNH – The scene where Naina realizes she’s in love with a married man. The scene where she realizes its not the truth. The final scene where they all bid goodbye. The Kal Ho Na Ho song. Ah, just tears galore.
MPKDH  – Main Prem Ki Diwaani Hoon – Yep, such a movie exists. Because I remember crying through the whole movie. Again. Don’t you dare. I am a cry baby.  That’s the only explanation I can give.
Kaho Na Pyaar Hai –  The scene where Rohit is killed.  The last dance sequence of Raj performing for Rohit – cried buckets through it.
Black – I watched it twice. In a theater. I guess, the only movie, where I went to theater twice, to cry over every single scene 😛
Guzaarish – The rain drops disturbing his sleep and his helplessness. I was myself numb by the time he is discovered so. The last scene. Just.more.tears. Painful.
Sadma – The last scene is just heart numbing. I couldn’t fathom that kind of a possibility at all. I was so angry that it ended so and felt so for days. One movie that haunts me for the ending till date.
Bhajrangi Bhaijaan – The scene where the mother loses her child in the train and her attempts to somehow make people understand that her little baby girl is in the train. The last scene where the child cries “Mamaaaaaaaaa”. Still manages to make me go *sob* *sob* *sob*
Barfi – Those scenes where Shruthi realises, she is not important to Barfi anymore, Jhilmil is. Those scenes where Jhilmil feels jealous of Shruthi. That last few scenes where he has to throw his shoe to make his presence known. Awwww. I sat in the theater, sobbing, tears flowing non-stop.
Taare Zameen Par – Ah, what’s there not to cry, please. The drop to the boarding school and the song “Maa” – Now, if you did not cry for this movie, I am not sure, what else can anyone cry for.
Oh, there are lots and lots like this, Lagaan, Swades, Veer Zaara, DCH, Neerja, PK, 3 idiots, Kapoor & Sons, Tumhari Sulu, M.S Dhoni, Dangal, Secret Superstar, Bahubali – you name it, I have cried while watching it.
Now, do you understand my confusion? Why the hell couldn’t I shed a tear for Padmaavat, then!? I haven’t yet figured it out. But I will. Soon.
BTW, do you cry when you watch movies? If so, which one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)