Search This Blog

Thursday, June 01, 2017

~~ Day 1 - Unwritten ~~

Originally written on December 01st 2015 - The first post of the blogathon
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am unwritten, can’t read my mind, I am undefined, I am just beginning, the pen’s in my hand, ending unplanned…
Staring at the blank page before you, Open up the dirty window, let the sun illuminate the words that you cannot find…
Reaching for something in the distance, so close you can almost taste it, Release your inhibitions..
Feel the rain on your skin, No one else can feel it for you..
Only you can let it in, No one else, no one else, Can speak the words on your lips..
Drench yourself in words unspoken, live your life with arms wide open..
Today is when your book begins, the rest is still unwritten..


~~ Well, if you don’t know already, which I seriously doubt, let me clarify, I didn’t write those above mentioned awe-inspiring lines!  I am nowhere close to writing such beautiful lines yet..  This is one of my favorite song, by Natasha Bedingfield  – it just felt so apt to prioritize it on my playlist today morning as I start my marathon stint!! As I listened, I couldn’t help but smile at the thought that how these kind of favorites just stem from a meagre mundane beginning! I didn’t know that this was even a song when I heard it the very first time as a BGS in US Pantene commercials – it was not the whole song but just a bit of it that was used in the commercial, but then, I liked it so very much that like any normal sane developer, the first thing I did is search for it in the very own mighty mighty Google! I found it, downloaded it, listened to it and of course sang with it, in mind-numbing loops for days together! Ahhhhh, the exhilaration that you feel when you listen to this is just unexplainable! One of those songs, which I go back to every now and then!


~~ I must admit, before I went onshore, the repertoire of English songs that I was exposed to, was just a handful! Well, it was not just songs – the same applied even for movies, sitcoms and many more such things for that matter!  It was like I discovered a whole new “Me”!! This new “Me” enjoyed these new set of songs, looked forward to these new set of movies every week, hated caramel popcorn, but loved the extra buttered one (ok, I couldn’t help but mention popcorn, but more on food discovery in a later post), felt bad about missing out on F.R.I.E.N.D.S when I actually could have watched it when it was originally airing rather than watching the repeats! I advanced from a no-English-movie-in-a-theater to Oh-I-want-to-watch-every-single-movie-out-there-in-a-movie-theater person! So much so, that, you would find me with my friend(s) in a movie theater most of the Friday evenings and on weekends, with a bucket full of buttered popcorn, not wanting to even miss those set of trailers they play like for a long long time before the movie begins that the bucket would be just ready for the free refill, asking the friend nearby to go fill it and come back soon, lest the movie starts, and well, when the movie ends, sigh like there’s no life anymore...


~~When I look back now, it feels strange, that a small 2 year stint in a different country away from people I loved the most, I gained a lifetime of experience which definitely left me completely redefined! No, not only with respect to movies or songs or sitcoms or food, but in a much much more real sense!  Long back, if I had to think about years down the line and project how I would turn out to be, it would be nothing like I am now :-p  Isn’t it so very true and strange, that however the “current moment” or “today” is – the rest is still unwritten!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)