Search This Blog

Saturday, June 10, 2017

~~ Day 10: Funny Life ~~

Originally written on Dec 10 2015........

--------------------------------


~~Life’s funny isn’t it? We decide something and then an exact reverse thing happens! When I  announced the marathon, a dear friend suggested to have the posts prepared and scheduled for future, and I refused to do so...The plan was to write every single day and post every single day...However, I didn’t know I would have to end up publishing back dated posts for a different reason altogether! Basically, though I continued to write every single day , I didn’t have the heart nor the soul to publish them due to the Chennai situation…..So here I am, publishing actual dated posts on a future date which I had decided I will not 
~~ My parents had been on their first foreign trip this past week and returned yesterday! I had insisted them to visit me on a tourist’s visa when I was in the US, but they had not, with other responsibilities holding them back! Even now, they had agreed only after multiple pestering from me and my brother, that too only because, they could go along with my aunt’s family for the trip and didn’t have to end up alone together in a different county, this being their first trip and all!!! They didn’t go to US or UK, but to Singapore nearby, with a short flight journey, yet it was definitely a trip out of the country, to experience world as they never knew!  My dad was quite neutral about the whole experience, he has always been that way, though I could say he must have enjoyed it… Being a foodie, food was his major complaint –vegetarian and all! Amma, however, considered that same vegetarian food issue to be too trivial when in turn of that small sacrifice, she had a lot of other new experiences….. Both liked the 3-D & 4-D shows the most (I am sure we have such shows in Indian amusement parks too, but they had never seen one till now)…. It moved me incredibly when I looked at the childish little glints of happiness in their eyes when they went on and on about the trip!!! I have never seen Amma & Aanu laugh so much in recent years – was completely completely worth the lone week of missing them & managing home/kid/work all alone 
~~Talking about vacation, last year when I was just back from a small vacation, I tried to backfill one of my account group blogs with few posts that were supposed to be published and was pending due to my absence! And that is when I discovered, after being a blogger in the organization for so long, that we cannot publish more than 2 posts a day (in the organization blog)! I mean, you still can, but an automated notification gets delivered hinting you are publishing too many posts on a single day …One of such got delivered to my inbox, as soon as I hit publish on the third pending post that I had to strike off my to-do list for the project, after vacation! So, this time, though I can go ahead and publish all pending posts of the marathon, I don’t want to!  I am going to post an older and a current post every day, so that my current posts from now on don’t need to be published on a future date….Plus, on a different note, I guess, it is fun to read 2 posts written on 2 different days, but published on a single day, as it might hold different flavors based on how each day started or ended! Hmmm, but wait, would you prefer if I publish them sequentially? Go ahead and just let me know!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)