Search This Blog

Sunday, June 11, 2017

~~ Day 11: Mommy Memoirs ~~

Originally written on Dec 11 2015:-

---------------------------------------------------

With day light savings ending in November, my status calls on Thursdays have gotten pushed by an hour in the night… Thursdays are when I have 2 back to back meetings from 9:30 PM to 11:30 PM… My daughter waits for me diligently throughout these calls/meetings so I can start my story telling hour after the call….. !  Most of the times I try to complete her story hour before the calls so she can sleep before I start with those meetings.. However yesterday, she was not sleepy.. 

My first meeting was done and I was in the second meeting yesterday and as I was about to go off mute to represent my updates, she chose to run to me and talk about something.. I had to shush her !!  I saw her sulking, but only for a moment – she then ran to Amma (Amma who normally takes care of her during these calls, having returned from the trip on Wednesday, was very tired and had already drifted off to sleep on the sofa itself) and slept beside her on the sofa, looking at the ceiling, wondering about the fan probably, waiting for my call to finish! 

Normally Amma is awake and takes care of her and if Amma drifts off to sleep as its almost past her bed time, my daughter normally wakes up Amma in these cases, but yesterday she didn’t…. May be she knew Amma was extra tired…I felt bad! After my call, I went to her, hugged her tight and muttered “Sorry” many a times – I told her that though I couldn’t talk to her then, she was, is and always will be the most important person in my life and that I was sorry to have shushed her like that…She looked at me with a wide-eyed concern and she said, “Why sorry, Amma? Don’t say sorry, I don’t like it when you say sorry, okay, now, which story today?”   I had to quickly recover from the overwhelming emotions to gather my thoughts so as I don’t further delay her story telling time – And, well, if what she did is not pure form of love, I don’t know what is!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)