Search This Blog

Monday, June 12, 2017

~~ Day 12: Mini-Reviews Time ~~

Originally written on 12-Dec-2015..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~So, we went to watch the 3-D movie – The Good Dinosaur today noon! It’s been a while since we watched a movie in theater!!! Poor kid, was quite excited, about this whole movie thingy and so was I – of course, not to mention, my love for popcorn, which she shares too! She didn’t touch her popcorn throughout the trailers in the beginning and reprimanded me when I sneaked in one or two (oh no, not from her bucket, but my own)!! Though she kept munching on and watching intently during the initial cutesy dino family growing up phases, things got worse as in any movie it does, and poor kid had to finally end up sobbing through most part of the movie… whenever there were thunderclaps and lightning flashes in the 3D scale combined with the sound effects -she wailed, gushing waters-she wailed, dino fell from a cliff-she wailed!  Well, this is not her first movie experience in theater, we have watched a few animated movies before but she had never ever wept like today! Poor kid, loves such movies, and I am sure, would have probably liked the movie if we had watched it @ home rather than in the theater!  So if you have a < 5 year old, I would say, better skip the movie! Even otherwise, I wouldn’t say it’s a must-watch kind!

~~Speaking of movies, the latest I watched on TV was Bahubali… I knew that the movie ends abruptly indicating a part-2 in the rise, but when I actually watched it, I didn’t expect it to leave me overwhelmed and cheated at the same time :P I didn’t want the movie to end – yeah, I just didn’t want the movie to end and I kept staring at the TV unbelievably, thinking that it must be a mistake :P I would have definitely loved to watch this one in the theater!  May be the second part next year.

~~ Any of you watched Talvar? Read Aarushi by Avirook Sen? I did and it left me shaken for various reasons! Not that I was unaware of the case before and not that I haven’t read any crime fiction or thrillers before – but the movie and book somehow freaked me out, book more than the movie, maybe because it is not a work of fiction… So much so, that, as soon as I was done with the book, I kept it back on my shelf with the cover page with the title facing the wall so I don’t have to look at the cover page again (I somehow feel the cover page could have been a bit less intimidating for weak hearted souls like me, but I guess, it was so to make a point) …. I am not sure if you would understand when I say this – I don’t like lending my books, but then, for the first time in my life, I finally gave a book away asking it not to be returned but just being passed on……

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)