Search This Blog

Monday, June 19, 2017

~~ Day 19: Gifts Hangover !! ~~

Originally written on Dec 19 2015
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gifts hangover happens all the time ðŸ˜› I bask in the glory of receiving one for at least 48 hours ðŸ˜› … After I received a gift yesterday, I kept pondering on the gifts that I have received till date & there is this one gift which is definitely worth a mention! For one of my birthdays, my friends had given me an assortment of gifts, but they were very particular about me opening one right away! After multiple layers of opening gifts within gifts which were nothing but stuffed & crumpled news papers, as I was beginning to think that they were probably having fun fooling me, I saw a white take away box with my standard order from one of my favorite eating joints –  it was Aloo Bonda with the sauce and chutney neatly packed! I literally had tears in my eyes! Of all the gifts that I had received that day, this one was my favorite.. no, not because am a giant foodie, which of course, I am, but for the unexpected surprise element about the whole arrangement!   I had long known about the cake and the type of gifts I might get, but this one was totally totally unexpected  ðŸ˜€  Do you have any such memorable experience w.r.to receiving gifts?  ðŸ˜€
By the way, it’s not only receiving, I also love giving gifts! I love being innovative about the surprise element associated with the gifting process and try to gift something as personalized as possible (provided its for someone I know)!  Having said that, I have been at a loss most of the times when I have had to choose a gift for guys!  Its difficult when it comes to gifting guy acquaintances/colleagues and even for friends after a while when you have gifted every damn thing possible!  So, you guys reading this – any suggestions here?? Shirts, trousers, jeans, T-shirts, shoes, socks, ties, watches, wallets, books are the typical guy gifts …….is there anything else other than these that guys might prefer to get as gifts?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)