Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2017

~~ Day 23: This Funny Weird Thing Called Love ~~

Originally written on Dec 23 2015
---------------------------------------------------------------------

~~ A fellow blogger friend of mine asked me after reading my previous day post if there was a video of my daughter’s dance performance, how I wish I do, but I don’t, photography and videogrpahy was strictly prohibited by the school, which in a way is a good thing to do …. I am guessing the school might provide all the parents with the event dvd's & may also provide specific photos of the performance – I am not sure yet….and if they do, I will upload few pics of the performance and maybe let you guess who my kid is among the crowd ðŸ˜›  I did see many parents clicking pictures/recording the performances even after repeated announcements made by the school authorities and well, for a few seconds, when I was equally overwhelmed as others, I did try to click one pic of the performance with my supposedly good (per pixel and zoom specs) phone camera, but, well, it came out really bad.. my blurred vision probably affected the phone camera too ðŸ˜›
~~ Speaking of blurred vision, have you ever shed happy tears? Though I am an emotional person (I am sure, you have already figured it out from my posts so far) and I just need a small trigger to feel those invisible lumps in my throat and for my eyes to well.. one thing that had always intrigued me from a long long time was how anyone can shed tears when one is happy! There were so many movies where I would see actors & actresses shedding happy tears and I would roll my eyes and think, what the hell.. they are supposed to be happy, and yet, all they can do in this happy moment is cry?!? But, well, now I know what those happy salty tears mean and I shed them all the time, very much happily!! All that was needed was me to graduate to be a mother to understand why! BTW have you ever shed happy tears (this is not directed only to moms, everyone is welcome to answer)?? If so, I would love to know when? 
~~Ever wondered what love can make you look like? Really truly absolutely weirdly FUNNY! Yes – how else would you define, giant superman dads carrying panjimittai(cotton candy) colored Disney princess school bags, stylish ramp-walk ready moms forgetting those heels, make up and wearing comfy clothes and be there to carry Ben 10/Spiderman/batman school bags, tired grand parents carrying those water bottles and holding on to those weird balloons like their lives depended on them – and all of it with a broad funny smile plastered on their faces when they wave at their kids/grand kids performing on stage!!! (seriously, what’s with waving?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)