Search This Blog

Friday, June 02, 2017

~~ Day 2 - A Prayer - Please Go Away !! ~~


Originally written on December 02nd 2015 - Day 2 of the blogathon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I was typing the previous post away to glory in the bus on my way to office yesterday, all I knew was that there were rains in Chennai, yet again! I had totally forgotten about it by the time I reached office and was in meetings the whole morning..When I later cut short my lunch time to 15 minutes so I could use the extra minutes to edit and then publish post around noon – I was still unaware of the severity of the calamity that has struck! 

Months back, I had made a conscious decision of not watching news owing to the negativity associated with the kind of news that keeps running the whole day (not that I was a fan of news channels or news websites before, but then, I would try to put in some effort to know what was going on in the world)… I had also started being less active in FB as my wall was flooded with intolerance drama and related posts from past few weeks!  So I was in for a shock, when, yesterday evening, unaware of the severity, I logged into FB and witnessed that the intolerance posts were now nowhere to be seen and my wall was flooded with posts on stranded people asking for help & on people in safer areas offering it!  I could see, though not in person, in a virtual world –  humanity standing high and finally gaining its right place in these times of adversity! 

I can so relate to what is happening in Chennai as I faced this in-person back in 2005 & in 2009.  I will blog about those experiences some other day, but at this moment, all I want to do is pray, pray, for everyone out there to be safe, for the rains to stop, for the water to quickly drain from homes, for the life to be back to how it was before rains, for the restoration of strength in people to battle the forthcoming weeks out (believe me, it takes days for the water to drain out and weeks to get the flooded homes to normal shape – been there, experienced that)!! 

Rain Rain, please go away, do come again, may be some other day,
Rain Rain, please go away, do come again, but definitely not this way!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)