Search This Blog

Friday, June 09, 2017

~~ Day 7: Busy Busy Mondays ~~

Originally written on Dec 7 2015 –

A very busy Monday this was…Phew!! So as I mentioned yesterday, the house did flood again a month later and well, the new normal that we had finally found was getting difficult to sustain! Even after multiple cleaning sessions of the house, it still felt damp & wet, mainly due to poor ventilation… So, with heavy hearts, we decided to move out of the house.

I had my visa processing going on and was expecting to fly onshore in a couple of months, my office was in OMR whereas hers was nearby in Vadapalani.. Till then, I was ok with the travelling to the office as this was a fully furnished house with CLEAN water.. Rest of the places that I had checked a year ago before finalising on this one, were mostly okay-ish with only complaints of no proper water supply, and if it did have, it was yellowish orange or orange-ish red water! I also had one of my cousin’s family staying close by near Porur and hence the final straw to decide on this house, even if it meant travelling few hours to & fro.
But now, after the flood,  I was faced with the same set of decisions that I had to take a year earlier.. Moreover my cousin’s family was moving back to hometown too..  Since I was sure of travelling in a couple of months, I moved near to my office in February to a 3bhk which was shared by 5 more girls and my room mate shifted to her project mate’s house close by to her office.

That’s the first and the last time I stayed with so many strangers .. I learnt my lesson in less than 2 weeks because what ensued was a horror story of its own – I had never witnessed so much drama in my entire life… Every evening when I would return, I would see one of the following going on – the fights for which-side-of-the-room-is-mine, you-just-crossed-that-freaking-invisible-line-and-your-toe-nail-touched-my-mattress fights, fights for ever-changing bathroom timetables, fights for fridge-partitions…So much so, that though I stayed closed by to office, I used to take the last shuttle home to avoid witnessing those fights.. I would go, clean up and just get to bed with my book & sleep asap lest I miss my bathroom schedule for next day! After about 4 months, I couldn’t take it anymore, I moved out of that house to a PG even though I kind of knew that I might travel onshore in a month. I learnt a valuable lesson during that short stay, phew,  it was a hectic Monday today to begin this week with, so, well, let me save those valuable lessons learnt and associated  interesting story(ies) for some other day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)