Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 31, 2017

~~ Committed ~~

This was originally written on Nov 29 2015 in an attempt to start a blog marathon (which ran its own course during those 31 days of December). I will be syncing those posts per day here starting today :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, So I have been wanting to do a blog-marathon since ages! Most of you may know what it is all about and few of you already do it by not naming it as an exercise or a marathon! But for those who don’t, like me, it’s about writing every single day without a break!! There are not many rules, in fact, other than writing daily, there aren’t any other rules, unless of course, we ourselves want to set some more. I have seen many bloggers run blogathons on themes where the posts are centered on those specific themes, but well, I am not going there at least for now and trying to keep it simple! So, I have set the following rules for myself –
  • This blogathon is going to last a month – so basically I will write every single day in December 2015
  • Write anything – but no one word, one/two/three liners or filler type posts allowed. Basically no just-because-I-have-a-deadline-to-post kind of posts!
  • Photo posts, 55F posts, movie reviews, book reviews, recipes, rants & such – Allowed
So why am I doing it? Well, to be frank, I had attempted to start a week-athon in 2014 here, wherein, knowing I will not be able to do it on a daily basis,  I set a realistic goal of writing at least once per week!! But well, that slipped down to a month-athon and then I got pulled away by a myriad things – Marathon just lost its meaning and became a long lost dream!! So to make up for the lost goal, instead of a week-athon, I am aiming at every-single-day post this time! Second of all, I also want to end this year with a positive feeling of accomplishment, by achieving a milestone in my blogging journey – a century of posts ðŸ™‚ ðŸ™‚ ! Lastly, it’s a huge responsibility, a great fun-but-learning process & probably a tiny step towards progressing in a disciplined way at what I love to do the most – read and write!!
I know, it’s not going to be easy! I know, it’s going to a long 31-day-journey with work commitments, personal commitments, busy weekends, holidays and planned vacations!! There are just a lot of things to be taken care of without any impact! I know – I am so so so not ready! I know, it will require a lot of discipline, great planning and of course a lot of thought-provoking-thinking ðŸ˜› to get me out of the writer’s block every single day! Yet, I still am very much excited for the next month to begin!
There are going to be those times when I would feel I want to write about a hundred odd things, but my mind will go blank when I open a notepad or a word document! I don’t really have any plans on how to keep my ‘commitment on’ during those times, but I strongly intend to!! Hoping you all will cheer me on :)!!!
It’s definitely not a meme but more of a personal goal, but then, I would be glad, if any of you want to take this up too(of course with no impacts to your work or personal commitments), if not now, maybe in a later point of time :):) If you do, just be sweet and don’t forget to mention this post in your blogathon journey ðŸ˜› ðŸ˜›
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)