Search This Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2019

~~ [A Year In Prompts]: Unpredictable turn of events! ~~

Originally written on Oct 31 2018
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Helloowwww… First and foremost, I would like to applaud Prabha’s efforts for successfully managing to post a prompt every single week for weeks together – and of course, interesting ones at that. She did an amazing job, and taking over now, towards the tad end, has put this immense pressure on me to match expectations …. I don’t know how “prompt” I would be in posting these weekly “prompts” – Its not easy, you know, giving out prompts, just like that, there’s hard work involved    But of course, what would really help reduce that hard work, is you awesome bloggers responding to the prompts with your prompt posts 🙂
Moving on to the “Prompt” for this week –
So, I am hungover the recent news that I read of this Indian based lovey-dovey travel-addicted couple who lost their lives recently in US during one such to-do trips. May their souls rest in peace.  The news made me look up their blog posts and by the time I could read a couple of posts, the blog site was taken down. From the posts that I did manage to read, I could feel their positivity, their zeal to live life to the fullest, their inclination to do what their heart craved, their choosing to living the life on their terms than adhere to any norms – and what impressed on me the most was that both as a couple craved for the same things in life – its very rare that priorities or hobbies or life goals match in a married couple. The love for each other was plain evident and all I could do when I read each post was go “Awwwwww” and “Wooowwww”. And once the blog was taken down, I tried to imagine all the trips that the happy couple wouldn’t be able to go on, all the bucket list items that they will not be able to strike off their list, all the positivity that they cannot spread anymore – but I also remembered those ones that they did manage to achieve in the short happy life they had  and also the fact that they passed away while they were doing what they liked the most. Well, if you are wondering, I don’t know them at all, and if not for the news, I wouldn’t have probably looked up their blog too. But this untimely death of this young happy couple so very much in love and a small peek into their life through their blog site, just made me realize,yet again, that is, that at times, life’s just plain cruel and that the only thing predictable about life is its unpredictability.
Its funny how we carry around bullet lists and planners, with a list of to-do’s (I have a whole lot of them), plan so many things in life well in advance, procrastinate, ask a person what his goals are for next 5 years or 10 years, postpone a vacation to a future date, disconnect a call from a loved one for some stupid reason, when we don’t know if we will ever get to these plans or missed opportunities in future.
So – as I still mull over this, the week’s prompt for you is to pen down any such unexpected unpredictable moment(s) of your life, where you planned for something, considered every possibility and were prepared for every single probability and yet, like they say, LIFE HAPPENED, and you ended up having to compromise or re-align your plan/priority. It could have been life-changing-decision, an important turning-point that changed the course of your life, a happy surprise that you had never expected, an unexpected painful path of life that you had to take, an unexpected gesture you are thankful for, or even a regret that you would have loved not to have in life because of some unexpected turn of events – Basically, anything that you had never expected happening in your life ever! Go write and leave a link here, if you do so.
------------------------------------------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)