Search This Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2019

~~ [A Year In Prompts]: A Thousand Miles ~~

Originally written on Dec 7 2018...
....................................................
Yayyyy!! Happy Friday Everyone!! My brother’s arriving on his yearly vacation tomorrow and am going to have some super crazy busy fun weekends/weeks ahead ! Looking forward to all the fun and the fights, of course 
And double yayyyyy!!!! I finally see more bloggers writing for these weekly prompts  I was so close to giving up on this weekly exercise, but then your posts helped me with the required boost to keep it going through the last few weeks left in the year (yes, its too late now, so please do keep writing) .. Mighty Thanks to everyone who has attempted writing on these weekly prompts!
Prabha asked me if I intend to continue this exercise in the next year  and well, I haven’t decided yet. To be frank, if you look at it, this definitely helps me to keep my blog space alive by setting a deadline for myself to post at least once a week. So that’s there. Apart from that, it also makes me happy when the otherwise deserted organization blog space (I tell you, it was not like this before, this space used to be alive with interesting blog posts by the hour) at least has some fun posts because of these prompts. But before I decide, I’d also like to know what you as a reader/blogger think? Do you think we should continue this weekly saga? Do the prompts help you at all ? And most importantly, do you promise to write on every single prompt like Ramanujam does diligently  Let me know.  Your responses/no responses will definitely help me decide.  And if I dare to continue, I would like to maybe do it a bit differently –  so if you have any ideas or suggestions to make this more interesting for all involved, I am all ears 🙂
Now, back to the prompt – have you heard Vanessa Carlton’s “A Thousand Miles” ?  No? Go, check it out in youtube.  It’s one of my favorites. I took up walking (to reduce weight, of course) a few days back (yes, acting on my year’s resolutions, and, no, not an early start of 2019 resolutions , its just that, when I published the previous post on the conversation that happened way back in 2016,  I felt its’ time I take that doctor’s advice seriously and act upon my every year’s topmost resolution ) and this keeps playing in loop during my walk.
Back to the song, it is a heartbreak song, a song for a loved one who is no more or a song for someone who is miles away from you and has drifted apart but you haven’t, a song of yearning and related loneliness – well, take your pick!
The challenge for you is to listen to the song, understand the mood, the feelings being conveyed and then spin a story around the same.  I’d also like you to use “A thousand miles” and the following beginning lines of the song, if you can, somewhere in your story.
“Making my way downtown walking fast, Faces pass and I’m home bound…. Staring blankly ahead, just making my way, making my way through the crowd”
Go on, listen to the song and then write!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)