Search This Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2019

~~ [A Year In Prompts]: Are you scared yet? ~~

Originally written on Nov 23 2018

.............................................................

So here goes this week’s prompt – Write a story using the excerpt provided below.
Feel free to use this excerpt anywhere in your story.
If you want to know why this prompt –  I watched one of the ghost hunters episode yesterday – That’s why! 😛
Note: I do not want to know if your post is purely fiction or based on any personal experience. Really, I do not want to know.
Excerpt:
“I was about to insert the key and turn the door knob when the door creaked open by itself to darkness beyond.  I remember having locked the door and having left the lights on when I had stepped out for a quick dinner. Could it be a faulty lock and the fuse? Could it be just my memory playing tricks? New home, New job, but problems still followed.  I sighed.  Problems were my best friends. They never left me alone.
I stepped in, left the door a bit ajar, and groped along the wall, uncertainly feeling my way, to locate the nearest light switch.  Somehow, something did not feel right. There was a faint misty floral fragrance (I had not yet lit any candles nor had I used a room freshener) and I certainly knew that it was not there when I had left the house an hour ago. As I tried to place the scent and think of its origin, I suddenly heard, an ear piercing scream – close enough, from deep within the walls. It sent a chill down my spine. I gulped and somehow managed to stifle my own scream. Maybe it was the neighbor’s loud TV? I needed to flick the lights on, like, NOW.   I continued my search for the light switch – only to reach an ice-cold, damp, bony hand. The stifled scream let itself out. I let myself faint – the option looked better than facing the owner of that hand…”

..................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)