Search This Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2019

~~ [A Year In Prompts] : Embarrassed much? ~~

Originally written on  Dec 1 2018

.....................................................

So, I was clearing the clutter on my dekstop today morning and I found this old post of mine in a subfolder within a subfolder within a subfolder within the 2016 folder (yes, I love that nested folder structure for some reason), saved as a txt file with the title “Eat apples, keeps doctors away”  That year, I remember, I had thought of running a “Facepalm’ed” series… I had written this very draft, in probably an attempt to do that, but never published it for whatever reasons … and I had forgotten about this post totally until I stumbled upon it today..If you have read few of my old posts, you probably by now know that I can very easily put myself into very embarrassing situations..It happens quite effortlessly .. This is one such of the so many I have!  Well, go ahead, read on! If not life lessons, it would at-least help you with a laugh or two (hopefully)!
…………………………………………………………………………………………………….
I was down with cold and fever – I went to a nearby hospital to avoid the long wait at the family doctor’s clinic. Well, that did not, in anyways help, I ended up waiting more and as a bonus, got facepalm’ed too , big time! After the initial process of registration and a few hours of waiting for the doctor, it was finally my turn. Here’s how the conversation went –
Me (*pained-smiles*):  Good afternoon, Doctor  (I definitely stressed on the afternoon in a hope that it would indicate that I was here from morning)
Doctor (*ignoring-the-delay-and-jumping-right-to the-matter-at-hand*): Hello, how are you? You know, you should lose some of that weight!
Me (*startled* *caught off guard* *question-mark-on-my-face*): Huh? Hmmm, Well, Sure Doctor, but, right now, I am suffering from cold, cough and fever
Doctor  (*royally-ignoring-my-problem-statement*) : You definitely should lose some weight
Me (*close-to-rolling-my-eyes*): Hmm, Ok, Sure Doctor, so, as I said, I am suffering from cold, cough and fever
Doctor (*rolling-his-eyes*): Were you always like this? Or is this a recent weight gain?
Me (*question-mark*) : Huh?  Well, no Doctor, I was very thin. This weight, well, this is just post pregnancy-delivery weight gain..
I looked at the nurse standing nearby, with, am sure, an amused quizzical expression, but the nurse was of no help, she just stared right back at me, waiting probably for a go-ahead from the doctor to prep her weapon – The Injection. Before I could get overwhelmed by the fear of needles – I turned my focus back to Doctor and I decided that if this went on, I’d ask if I had by mistake entered the dietitian’s cabin in the same floor –
Doctor (*looking-relieved*) : Oh, then its fine, you will lose it in some months..
Me (*big-grin* *shrug* *finally-topic-might-change*) : Yes, Doctor….
Doctor: So you have cold, cough, fever? Did you check the temperature? Runny nose? Scratchy throat? Shivering?
Me: Yes, temperature was 100 in the morning when I left from home(see what I did there? ), no runny nose, but, yes, I do have slight throat pain – as in, it pains when I try to swallow food..
Doctor: Okay – let me check, open your mouth, say, aaaaaaaaaaaa
Me: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Doctor (*checks my throat*) : Hmm.. seems to be a throat infection. Let me prescribe some antibiotics, take ample rest, come back tomorrow if fever doesn’t go down, we will then decide if we need to do a blood test
Me (*me-fervently-praying-for-fever-to-go-down-and-thanking-God-no-injection-today-yayyy*): So I need not come again if fever goes down today and just continue the same medicine?Right? 
Doc: Yes, but, Oh, before I prescribe antibiotics, how old is your baby?
Me: 5
Doctor (*looking-relieved* *scribbling-prescription*) : Oh, 5 months , well, hmmm. Dont worry, give it a few more months. With some exercise when you get time, all this post-delivery weight will be gone…
Me (*startled*) : Ahem, no Doctor, not months, years 
Doctor (*amused*) : WHAT? What years? You dont need years to lose this 5 month post-delivery weight gain..a little walking when you get time and a bit of exercise, and you will be fine..
Me (*clearing-my-throat*) : Well, no, I meant, she is 5 years old, not 5 months
Doctor  (*shocked*) : WHAT?  
Nurse (*suppressing-giggles*)   
Me (*sheepish-grin*) : My baby is 5 years old 
Doctor (*with-almost-a-pained-expression*) : Well, in that case, you should stop calling this as post pregnancy-delivery weight and do something about it, don’t you think? 
Me (*Facepalm* *Facepalm* *Facepalm*) : Yes Doctor 
Nurse  
…………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Oh, before I forget, the week’s prompt is to write about the most embarrassing moment of your life (if there are many, go ahead and list it out, the more the merrier, let’s spread some laughs)..
You can also write a story inspired from the most embarrassing situation of yours or if you want to be evil – of others 
Go ahead, write and leave a comment here with the post link!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)