Search This Blog

Sunday, January 20, 2019

~~ [Weekly Prompts – 19.01]: Happy New Year ~~

Originally written on Jan 4 2019

.........................................................

Hellozzzzzzzz!
A very happy and prosperous new year everyone  Hope this year brings you much joy and may all your little and big wishes come true  
Am back from the much needed vacation. I didn’t do much except for spending quality time with my near and dear ones – I loved it as I had expected. People who know me well, know that I maintain multiple to-do lists. And believe me, these lists can be used to define infinity! They are never ending and stuff just gets added to these lists every few hours. So when I decided about taking this vacation with no plans of going anywhere, all thanks to my husband’s travel postponement,  I had also decided that I was not going to refer these lists during the vacation and just let it be. I get this immense pleasure striking off things from these lists and I wanted to experience a week without having that particular joy. And that’s exactly what I did. And surprise, surprise, no hell broke loose. I could survive the week Sometimes you do need to do it – forget the to-do’s, forget the never ending lists, not go anywhere, not plan anything, not worry about the next thing on the list and live, just live, just like that, in the moment! I loved it, but, well, I am back to maintaining the lists now  I cannot survive for long without them 
How about you? What did you do? Let me know 
Considering this is the first post and the first prompt of the year  – I decided to have the most cliched topic at this time of the year , as a prompt,  yes, of course, the new year resolutions!! What are your this year’s resolutions? Go on, write about it and let’s then come back end of the year to check what we have accomplished from the list.
Now, I do know, not all believe in new year resolutions and then, there are also those who do not want to reveal them for reasons best known to them – which is okay! So if you do not want to go about writing a new year resolution post for this prompt, write a funny story involving a protagonist who is too serious about his/her resolutions for the year but everything he/she planned for the year goes haywire
………………………………………………………
If its not too much to ask –
  • Please make sure you leave a tag “Weekly Prompts – 2019” on your posts. At the end of year, it would be easier for me to pull some statistics about how this year fared due to these prompts 🙂
  • Please link the post that gives out the prompts for the week when you post your response to the prompt (so people know where it all started – I had a couple of folks asking me what’s the deal with the prompts and this might help with answers)
  • For the folks who want to know where it all started – refer here 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)