Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2016

~~ Re-Born? ~~

Originally Written on 23 July 2015

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Happiness can be found in the simplest aspects of life – I have always known this, why, I am sure everyone does! But then, do we actually live this? If you are a parent, have you noticed that your tiny little darling is able to live this without having to strive for it! My baby (okay, okay, I know, I have to consciously stop addressing her as a baby from now on) daughter can and I am sure, so does any growing kid out there!

Can you think of a day, in say,  recent few years, where your heart was or your thought processes were filled with bliss which stemmed out of pure love, trust & of course the never ending curiosity in abundance with no pride, malice, preferences, jealousy, ego, inhibitions, fear, liabilities, materialistic desires, comparisons etc. etc.! I am sure, it would be a big big NO! It’s very intriguing that as we grow, how well we acquire all of these other qualities that brings down the inner happiness, without noticing it, intentionally or unintentionally and yet we fool ourselves, that we are actually happy!

Before I became a parent myself, though I was fond of kids, I never actually observed how these curious-happy-tiny eyes light up at any given moment for a minutest transformation which we elders tend to ignore as a mundane change! We are so conditioned with different definitions of happiness with growing age that we forget sometimes to realize that joy can be sought from simple things in life, just the way the kids are able to, so effortlessly! 

Being a parent in a way is probably that one chance given to all us elders, to re-learn how to live life, to the fullest, for the moment, in the true sense, all over again …..Though, we take pride in being a parent and having this convincing ability to groom these curious kids for so many aspects of life –  I guess, it’s us parents, who actually are re-born for an interesting re-grooming experience... What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)