Search This Blog

Friday, January 15, 2016

~~ Just Like That ~~

Originally written on 16-July-2015
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~So, if you had, by any chance, thought that the prizewinning declaration of my daughter in this previous post marked the end of that conversation, well, no, I was not that lucky that day! It just led to another set of curious questions, the first one being why we need toe nails  :roll:  :roll:

~~Remember?  I was supposed to post a quarterly progress report to keep me on track with the 3 goals I had set for myself earlier this year, but well, it turns out I could post only a mid-year review!! Gosh, time just flies, isn’t it? Losing weight still seems a far-fetched dream with probably a milligram difference from where I started! However, I must say, there has been a considerable amount of progress on the other 2 goals!  I did enroll myself to those driving classes and completed the 4-wheeler refresher course (details in subsequent paragraphs)!! I also managed to get a 2 wheeler learning license after which I have conveniently managed to skip the rest of classes. For someone, who has never bunked any classes in school or college, I do want to blame this bunking act of mine on the pouring rains, but then, I very well know, it’s just partially true! I might resume the classes in a few weeks’ time and hopefully be the proud owner of a 2 wheeler license by the end of this year (whether I will ever have the courage to actually use the license is something only time will tell)!

~~How many of you remember that vibrant & vivacious Asin’s character in Ghajini! Well, I do, because just like her, from time immemorial, it had been one my bucket list thingy’s to purchase a car of my own from my own hard earned money(at one time, it was specifically ambassador, but I have moved on)! So, earlier this year, even before I enrolled for those driving classes, I bought myself a CAR! Yes, you read that right!! The process of selecting from the choices available, comparing and calculating on-the-road prices and revisiting budgets, reading reviews, calling up for quotes, staring blankly at the sales executive, but trying to mentally note down all the mechanical jargon's he threw at me (so I can later Google to understand it better) and of course, nodding at times to give an impression that I understood everything perfectly, asking the silliest of questions, visiting multiple show rooms, and finally finally booking THE ONE – all of it was hell of a ride :)  :) !!! At some level, I guess, this hefty purchase also played an important role in pushing me to take that little step towards refresher course enrollment :P  :P   too much eh?!?!

~~So after completing those 10 refresher classes that I had enrolled for, I asked the instructor if I needed any more practice sessions… He seemed a bit bewildered at that prospect – and then after about a moment of silence, told me that its better I start driving my own car as there is nothing more he could explain, even if I took 50 more classes… I am sure he didn’t mean it in a sarcastic way :D  I called one of my cousins that weekend to accompany me for the first ever try on my very own car! My cousin, who initially, settled quite comfortably in the co-driver seat, without feeling the need of seat belt – moved to the edge of the seat after just a few minutes & by the time I reached the main road, he had secured himself with the seat belt :P  :P  I did have (and still have) some trouble w.r.to the gear shifts (I should have bought one of those automatic-gear-shift models), but well, overall, I think I drove better than I myself had anticipated! Anyways, at the end of the ordeal (for my cousin, though he was sweet enough not to point it out), he rated me an “average” driver requiring a lot of practice :oops: Not bad, I guess :P  :P 

~~ Okay, this post is quite going in the direction of self-deprecation, so before signing off, I need to make a note to post a few in future where I am all praises for myself  :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)