Search This Blog

Friday, November 13, 2015

~~ Old post: Year 2013: Just like that ~~

So, am trying hard to sync all my old posts here in this space (I wish I could do it in some order, but I just want to do it one way or the other).. This was originally written on 11 October 2013 in my other blog space!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As I was going through a fellow blogger's 1000th post & the colorful stats, I felt it’s high time I revisit my blog & post or at least rant about a few things happening in my life(may be someone else’s too) to get my stats look better than what it is right now!!  So this is the result of the momentary inspiration drawn by reading that 1000th post & I do want to warn you that this post will probably be a random collation of my thoughts in the order they pop up
  • I am in utter state of confusion w.r.to the choices I need to make to purchase a mobile phone. I have googled endlessly for comparisons, reviews, asked for a recommendation with each and every person I can reach out to. The only thing I have not done yet is go to an actual store as I really don’t like coming out of a store empty handed! This has been going on for a month now & I still am clueless!! I need a mobile phone for a very basic purpose… to be able to reach to my near and dear ones from anywhere anytime!! Well, that’s why we buy a mobile phone in the first place right?  But then, when I login to any website, the following is what usually happens  – Why not go for a better processor,  Why not go for a better memory options, Why not go for a cool look, Why not go for a good camera , Why not go for a phone with a front camera (good MP one), Why not have a better bigger display , Why not opt for a better battery life … this goes on and on until I forget the basic thing a mobile phone is required for & just get sooooo confused to the point where I just look longingly at my current mobile phone and think, I guess, I don’t really need a replacement!! Sigh!!  Well, this is not the case just with the mobile phone purchase, it happens to me whenever I shop for anything which seems to have a lot of options to choose from (nowadays, every single thing that can be purchased has such a wide range of options, I have literally reduced shopping for new things and have learnt to be happy with what I have!!!!)  I end up frustrated of all the research & options and buy something for the heck of it just to lose my sleep later by again looking for good reviews & recommendations of the item that I have just bought! Complicated I know!!                                      
 
  •  Speaking of losing sleep; SLEEP LIKE A BABY – is the most illogical phrase I have ever read! I really don’t know who came up with this & I want to search for him (I have my own reasons that it is a HIM, no offense to any HIM’s reading this though) & demand for the REAL meaning of this phrase. It just seems so absurd to me, as I haven’t seen my baby girl SLEEP LIKE A BABY yet!!  Is it coined just to simply mock the first time mom’s by misleading them to assume that their babies will SLEEP LIKE A BABY(whatever that means)… For me – this phrase translates to SLEEP LIKE A BABY for 15 mins in 2 hour intervals.. You rock your baby to sleep by trying every possible method/drama taught by your elders for 1 hour 45 minutes, the baby finally sleeps at 106th minute, you hold the baby for some time to ensure no disturbance can make her wake up, then carefully place the baby safely by your side, look at the clock, roll your eyes, look at the baby, feel happy that your effort to put her to sleep didn’t go waste & then close your eyes to get some sleep(believe me, this takes 15 minutes) and then the next thing you get to hear is ‘waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  waaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh’ and all you can possibly do is to hope against hope, that the baby is crying in your dream!! Well, guess what, it never is a dream after all!! I am not complaining & I cherish and enjoy every minutest moment that I get to spend with my baby girl. This 2 hour drama usually happens only during the first few months until the baby starts solid food & gradually the intervals increases to 4 hours or so!! Anyways, every time I read this phrase on buses of one of the prominent transport services, I just can’t help rolling my eyes & recall all those sleepless nights!
 
  • Speaking of transport services – I am travelling a LOT these days – before you all go green with envy, I would like to clarify that this statement of mine holds good only if sitting in a bus(of the same transport service) for 2 hours to and 2 hours from office can be considered in the travelling category!! I try to catch up on my sleep, but unless I am dog tired (which I rarely am), I just can’t doze off!  Most of you who know me in person or know me from this blog space may know that I love reading!! I have been lazy on that front since my marriage but did manage to read a few till I got busy as a full time working mom! There was no question of spending even a minute doing something else when you can use it to get some sleep/rest!! Now, with things settling in a routine, I use this travel time to read!! I read like I have exams tomorrow & to make up for all the time that has been spent in taking rest and I can’t believe I have read almost 60 books in this year already!  I know it’s nothing compared to the stats that most have & even my own stats few years back!!  But it’s a good start and this is one of the few things I am very happy about in this year!
 
  • Speaking of reading – I travel in local AC buses these days & my bus route covers a couple of colleges! So you can imagine the crowd that I am exposed to.  I try as much as possible not to overhear any conversations and just concentrate on the book in my hand, but this goes in vain as at least a few in the crowd manage to grab my attention & mostly it’s because I don’t understand the slangs/jargons being used & I get drawn to those new words.. I also overheard few Indian authors being discussed, praised & based on these recommendations; I went ahead and ordered the whole collection of these authors!! Those novels were not that bad, but since they were supposed to be read in a certain flow, I chose to read them one after the other not to lose the flow… By the time I reached the last one, I just wanted to take a break and not read anything for a while!! The language was pretty good but with no offense to any budding writers, the story line was just repetitive – everyone around seems to want to follow the same style of writing a love story with a disastrous end & claim that they too had a love story.  Most of the events described in these real life stories are quite hard to believe and sometimes too good to be happening in real life or may be it’s just the granny aged me who has rolled over to the next generation of the generation gaps!!    
 
Well, I still do have a lot to write, but I don’t want my longggggg “come back” post to drive away a few who care to comment.. Happy Dasara & a very happy long weekend to you all (Waking up on a Monday morning to the fact that you can choose to sleep for some more time is a feeling that cannot be described in mere words!!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)