Search This Blog

Monday, August 11, 2014

Present Sir & Madam!!


Yes, I am very much present! Not probably in my own blog space! But I am reading a few blog posts here and there!!

So, what inspired this post on a random day? Well, let me be very honest, this was not a random choice nor am I trying to blow my own trumpet here, but a very kind fellow blogger (as you already might know from my "simple ever intro post", I do blog in an organization internal blogosphere) mailed me to check why there were no posts from me for about 7 months now… He also went to the extent of sending me a link to a wiki page which explained the history of my surname and made me aware of a fact that the word itself means a writer(again, not calling self a writer by any means, but just quoting wiki)! 

Phew, after he had gone to such lengths, I couldn’t just sit back & send a “thank you, am flattered, you made my day” kinda reply (Which I anyways did) and hence this attendance post today!  

While I am still thinking about a topic, I got reminded of the recent “Wife” as “Boss” Ad that seem to have created a lot of buzz in the media and also was a recent topic of discussion with my lunch buddies & cousins whatsapp group!  The first thing that came to my mind after watching that ad, was, the guy’s/husband’s status reporting in the next day meeting..

“Err, you know what, I was working and I would have completed this module yesterday, but my wife invited me home for dinner (a feast at that), and who, by the way, is my boss, and who, by the way, is you, and who, by the way, could have stayed back and helped me complete my module, than going home and cooking an elaborate meal!!”

Phew, anyone out there with same/similar thoughts? Staying back and helping out would have been my preference in the scenario and I would have expected my hubby to have done the same for me! I even went to the extent of thinking that they could have later had a little takeaway dinner or a pizza night! Of course they can afford a cook too, if they can afford a chauffeur for their car!! Well, but, then, the whole concept of the Ad was on the video calling experience & the quality of the call :P  Though I could relate to it in a way & it was quite a cute “video” moment and all, for me, honestly,  it didn’t convey the right message
 
Well, that’s just my 2 cents & am no where close to being an expert in advertising business

I know, lot of you must be thinking, “Oh God, you watch the Ads too, okay, you watch, but you review them too “!    Well, yes, I do and nowadays, I prefer watching Ads than most of the meaningless mega serials that goes on and on for years… At times I feel, that Ads are the only innovative, refreshing & meaningful stuff played on TV these days

What do you feel??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts about my thoughts???Do let me know :)